Our Mission: To develop a storytelling culture in Dallas that unifies personal narratives of diverse Dallasites through a mentoring program that pairs local published authors with 30 DISD students.
The Literary City Action Committee (by alpha)
Madhura Kulkarni (SVP Mentor)
The Literary City Keynote Panel
Panelists suggested teaming journalists and other nonfiction writers with high school students to send them into communities and challenge their perceptions of the city.
Ideas for a Literary Dallas
These ideas were submitted by citizens attending the Festival.
- Choose 1 area and build that wonderful library!
- Everyone reads to each other
- Pop up libraries
- Read, write, read some more, write about what you’ve read
- More non-English books at public libraries
- Teach financial literacy and economics starting in elementary school
- Writer’s residency
- Poetry pop-ups in parks
- Opening co-writing spaces
- Reading out loud areas in parks