Our Mission: Create scalable and playful interactions that are able to be duplicated and applicable for everyone.
The Physical City Action Committee (by alpha)
The Physical City Keynote Panel
The 2016 panel discussed how to empower teachers and help students pursue their deepest interests. It also suggested forming Socratic salons in the city to share knowledge.
Ideas for a Physical Dallas
These ideas were submitted by citizens attending the Festival.
- Stop developing over our green space
- More pedestrian friendly areas
- Establish fellowships for creators. Residency for 10/year + stipend
- Help the homeless in “Tent City”
- More jazz at DMA Thursday nights
- Open mic storytelling venues held every night throughout Dallas
- More trees!
- Make Fair Park better
- Offer tai chi classes at Fair Park (from JK Wong Kung Fu Tai Chi Academy, 214-878-4598)
- Offer kung fu classes at Fair Park (from JK Wong Kung Fu Tai Chi Academy, 214-878-4598)
- More safe parks and outdoors!
- Better crosswalks, wider sidewalks
- Pick up 1 more piece of trash than you produce each day
- Tear down I-345
- Tent City is unacceptable. Let’s talk about it: 661-496-2944
- More money for public education
- Take care of our trees + plant more trees that tolerate heat and drought
- Swimming pool updates city wide, free yoga at all parks
- Affordable housing units build into mixed-use development
- Start testing robotic cars
- Create shade downtown to encourage walking
- More sidewalks
- More sidewalks!
- Sunday transportation to Denton for college students
- Encourage more outdoors activities for kids at Fair Park
- More fun safe spaces along the Trinity
- Big ideas need a big stage with big scenery
- Preston Center is a logical node for density with more transportation options: rapid bus, light rail
- Create a pedestrian promenade at Fair Park with dining, entertainment, retail, and leisure spaces as a signature gathering place for all
- Why not turn the empty buildings at Fair Park into coworking spaces open to all?
- Encourage everyone to be more active mentally, physically, and mentally
- Use public art, tech, and resources to tell where Dallas has been and where it is going—in an engaging and interactive way
- Build/create more creative way-finding
- Make Fair Park revitalization a children’s crusade-like March of Dimes. Get people involved!
- Allow better transportation for college students from Arlington to Dallas!
- More bike lands, bike classes (how to fix a flat, correct signaling), and bike awareness
- Parks interconnected within the city
- Apply for historic status for Kiest Park
- Live by each other’s happiness. Help everyone
- Spread acts of love and kindness! Give to the needy, help the orphans
- Make bikes and riders feel more welcome by providing bicycle parking
- More bike baths, trails, routes, protected lanes
- Let’s make the city more walkable! #connectthecity
- Parks NOT parking
- Give back…time, money, IDEAS!
- No more freeways cutting off communities
- Let’s give our EXISTING parks and rec centers love!
- Open eastern gates into Fair Park, increase overall access to fair grounds
- A much more bike friendly city! More bike lanes please
- More sidewalks!
- More trails for pedestrians and bikers (not cars)
- More dog/pet friendly places
- Make recycling more accessible