The mission of the Dallas Festival of Ideas is to help shape the city of the future by igniting, uniting, and energizing the people of Dallas through the power of ideas.
The vision of the Dallas Festival of Ideas is to be the leading Ideas Festival in the nation that fosters and executes action, creating a lasting, equitable legacy for the city of Dallas and its citizens.
We will do this by:
- Curating a program that engages the senses through intellectual, emotional, and artful ideas
- Creating effective collaborations that broaden partnerships and reduce silos across the city
- Creating “action incubators” for developing and executing the ideas that come out of the festival
- Assembling a diverse group of participants
- Connecting disciplines and generations
- Ensuring that the festival has free general admission to increase access to all
- Ensuring that citizens’ voices are heard by fostering participation
- Introducing fresh, emerging voices from the national and international stage
- Creating a catalyst for defining what a world-class city is, and how its citizens can actively shape its future
In addition to contributions from our sponsors and partners, The Dallas Festival of Ideas is made possible by the forethought, hard work and collaboration of our spirited partners and committees. Through their efforts, The Festival is poised to take an exciting next step towards the transformation of each City.
2017 Steering Committee
Chair, The Dallas Institute
Publisher & CEO,
The Dallas Morning News
Artistic Producers, Public City